Tuesday 22 September 2009

The Return of the Repressed

Our Media Studies teacher requested us to find out what the term, 'The Return of the Repressed' meant. I had done some research and this is what I had found out.

The Return of the Repressed

The term "Return of the repressed" is according to theory to be the existence of certain thoughts and feelings within a person that eventually show their selves. Theory states that the person shows this via symptoms if they are not discharged from themselves. Therefore they are expressed by a person almost subconsciously, The person would feel very strongly about the matter presented to them all the time but not want to express it.

2 comments:

  1. What is a "symptomatic" action? Do you understand? How might this be related to horror?
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sean, at the time I had a lot of other work on hand, so I just got any definition. I hope this one is more to the point. And this one I can understand. I haven't had a computer for over a week which has been repaired, and a lot of pressure back home. But it is on here now.

    ReplyDelete